Thursday, February 25, 2010

Scary choking incident

We had quite a scare last night. Brenner was playing on the floor and we realized he was looking a little weird (and quiet). I picked him up and he was looking fairly normal but not really reacting to anything. He slowly started getting more and more red in the face. I started hitting him in the back and no change, just more red. I finally turned him over and stuck my finger in his mouth and he projectile vomited most of his dinner immediately. VERY SCARY!

We called the on call nurse and she had us check a bunch of things and all seemed fine. She recommended we go to the ER just to make sure everything was fine. He had tried chicken (baby food) for the first time that day so we thought it could be an allergy so we wanted to make sure his throat wasn't swelling shut or anything. They checked him out, did some x-rays, etc and all looked good.

Hopefully we don't go through that again, but luckily we were both right there to help out immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment