Sunday, August 19, 2012

Brenner Starts Preschool!

Brenner started preschool this past Thursday. He'll be going to Vinings Academy every Thursday and Friday from 9-1. He was very excited the days leading up to it, but on the way to school he asked me "what if I get scared?". I had to fight back tears and tell him to look at our family picture in his backpack or go hold Abby's hand. When we got there, he was ok playing for a few minutes until I started to tell him I would be leaving in a few minutes. He got very nervous and wouldn't let go of me. Finally, we had to pry him off me to give him to Miss Margarita while he was screaming crying. Of course I cried the whole way home. :( Luckily, I got an email from the school an hour later telling me that B was doing great! :) He cried for the first 15-20 minute during "circle" time, but after that he was great. When I picked him up, Miss Margarita said that he was upset because he wanted "to give Mommy one more kiss" when I left...aawwwhh!! B said he had so much fun and loved school!!! On day 2, he didn't want to go to school and staled getting in the car. He didn't want me to leave again, but he wasn't near as bad as day 1. He made sure "to give me one more kiss". He cried for 3-4 minutes. Both days, he came home saying how much he loved it. So we'll see how it goes next week.... The teachers are really impressed with his coloring and staying in the lines. One down side to this is that he has had a fever all weekend and been sick. I knew he was going to get sick more when he started school, I just didn't expect this soon...







No comments:

Post a Comment