Monday, April 20, 2009

The day we found out

It all started on October 17, 2008. Well, "it" didn't all start then, but that's when we found out our "big news"! Basically the story went something like the following:

Laura (on phone driving back from SC): "So, I think I might be pregnant!"
Jeff: "Really? That's cool, but I'm not so sure, we just decided to start trying like 2 weeks ago"
Laura: "I'll buy a test and we can try it when I get home"
Jeff: "Well, it's softball night, so I won't be home til late"
Laura: "I think you need to skip the post game bar and get home for this"
Jeff: "Uh, I'll think about it"
[Fast forward to about 8:00 that night]
Jeff: "I'm home, let's do this!"
Laura: "I just peed for like the 10th time, and I have none left for the test"
Jeff: "I knew I shoulda stayed out after the game"
Laura: "Oh wait, I think I can"
Jeff: "OK, go pee on it, then we'll wait the 2-3 minutes to see what it says"
[Laura goes to pee on the stick thing, and then hands it to me - the dry end]
[This entire time, I'm 95% sure that it will say Not Pregnant since we just started trying. I was very pessimistic at this point]
Jeff: "OK, look away for a minute or two and I'll tell you the result.
[Literally 10 seconds later, I look down and see.....]


Jeff: "Uh, it says something."
Laura: "What?!?!?!"
Jeff: "It says something!"
Laura: "What does it say???"
Jeff: "We're pregnant!!!"
Laura: screaming/hugging/crying/etc (maybe me too???)

Our immediate reactions:



No comments:

Post a Comment