This past Friday night, I took Brenner too his first Braves game. The forecast was iffy, but the rain seemed to be holding off. We went along with Jim and Andrew (Brenner's BFF). We got to our seats for the start of the game and about 5 minutes later the "I wanna go home" started. Brenner kept saying that over and over. I tried to distract him by pointing out certain things in the stadium. I told him to look at the "big TV" (scoreboard) and while looking, it flashed off, all the stadium lights went off, and then a huge lightning strike happened behind the scoreboard. So, soon after that (that was still the first inning) we decided to head out.
When asked later why he wanted to leave, Brenner told Mommy that he was trying to say "I Love You" to Daddy but something happened and everyone started cheering so he wasn't heard, so that made him want to go home.
Hopefully we can make it more than one inning next time!
Getting read to head to Turner Field
Our seats in the first row (tix were actually row 3) in right field
Brenner's first stadium bathroom experience (Jim and Andrew's feet in the stall in the background)



No comments:
Post a Comment